[ltp] Using USB Keyboard

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:48:10 +0000

This may not be specific to Thinkpads, but...

I'm using a USB Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard with my
T42p on FC2 kernel 2.6.6-1.435 and after much brain stress, I've figured
out how to map keys using rules, symbols, keycodes, layouts, etc...

However, one thing I can't figure is what to do when a keypress does not
generate a keycode.  I run xev and press some of the keys and nothing
happens at all.  You can't map a keycode if none is generated.  Does
this mean I have to edit the driver itself?  Is there a driver
specifically for my keyboard?  If anyone has gone through this, please
let me know.

-James