[ltp] Suse 9.1 and ThinkPad G40

Richard Humphrey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 07 Jul 2004 15:19:11 -0500

Hi

I am using an IBM ThinkPad G40 with the Broadcom bcm5700 card and I just
installed Suse 9.1. Suse detects the card in YAST but it does not work.
Upon bootup it tries to grab an IP from DHCP but it the bootup shows it
as an unknown device. I tried to get the latest src.rpm from Broadcom
site but it wont compile. Keep getting errors when trying to make bcm5700.o

Has anyone got this combination to work on 2.6 kernel successfully? I
had to do basically the same thing back on Suse 9.0 and it worked using
the 2.4 kernel.

Thanks for any input.

Richard Humphrey