[ltp] ntfsresize vs. the predesktop partition

Toens Bueker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 23:10:17 +0200

Hi *,

after booting from the usb memory stick is no longer a
problem, I can face the next challenge:

I ordered my X31 with an 80 GB disk. XP was already
installed on it - covering all 80 GB.=20

In order to install Linux, I plan to use ntfsresize to
shrink the NTFS partition.

Is it possible, that I destroy the predesktop area, when
resizing the NTFS partition, even when I use the "normal"
setting for accessing the predesktop area in the BIOS
(which means, that it is not visible for fdisk)?

Generally, I think, it is a good idea, to backup the
predesktop area, but anyway I'd like to know, whether I'm
asking for trouble resizing the NTFS partition.

Thx.

by
T=F6ns
--=20