[ltp] SuSe 9.1 Personal Edition: what's missing? what's included

nut megger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:42:02 -0700 (PDT)

Downloaded the iso for SuSe 9.1 Personal Editional for
Command? a test ride on my X21 with ultrabay. Burned a
CD and installed without a hitch. Confiuration went as
smooth as silk and YaST even recognized the Lucent
winmodem (amazing) and serial port without further
stress or work.

Dialed into my ISP and found I could not locate
Mozilla or Firefox in the default SuSe 9.1 personal
edition distribution.  Ended up using Konquerer - not
bad, I prefer Firefox.

So, I guess I'll download firefox from mozilla.org and
install it on my system.

Anyone else have experience with the new free version
of Suse?  If so, what else is missing?

Should I go back to fedora core 2 or mandrake 10.0?