[ltp] Re: T41p 2373 and ACPI

Theodore Ts'o linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:10:29 -0400

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 02:36:59PM -0400, Volker Braun wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:26:38 -0700, obi wrote:
> > I'm using APM becasue S3 doesn't last that long
>
> This issue apparently affects only the T41, not the T41p.

It appears to affect the T40p as well.

On my t40p, the ethernet led's also stay lit in ACPI suspend, but they
are shut off during an APM suspend, and I am also seeing the reported
symptoms of the laptop being warm to the touch after time in suspend
kept in a laptop bag, and greater battery drain when using ACPI
instead of APM.  Fortunately the t40 still has APM support, unlike
some other laptops!!

						- Ted