[ltp] Re: pcmcia on the T42p

Dax Kelson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:02:18 -0600

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 10:28, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> Dax,
> 	I'm confused -- does hotplug currently work for you or do you need
> to "cardctl insert", and is that with default BIOS settings or with
> interrupts spread around?

The IRQ spreading seems to have been a red herring. It doesn't make a
difference really which way it is.

My problem is that I must do "cardctl insert" to get the card activated.
I have extra complication in that the Cisco 350 PCMCIA card driver has
some sort of race where it doesn't always fully come up.

> 	On a T40p with SuSE 9.1 and APM (kernels in the 2.6.4 to 2.6.5
> series), hotplug worked correctly (that is, I put in a compact flash card
> w/PCMCIA adapter and it beeped and became hde1 automatically).  On a T42p
> with SuSE 9.1, I see the same behavior (this one only tested with SuSE's
> 2.6.5-7.95-default).

When you say "same behavior" do you mean the behavior of your T40p
(working correctly) or my behavior of having to do a "cardctl insert"?

Dax