[ltp] Re: pcmcia on the T42p

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:40:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Dax Kelson wrote:
> The IRQ spreading seems to have been a red herring. It doesn't make a
> difference really which way it is.
>
> My problem is that I must do "cardctl insert" to get the card activated.
> I have extra complication in that the Cisco 350 PCMCIA card driver has
> some sort of race where it doesn't always fully come up.
>
> When you say "same behavior" do you mean the behavior of your T40p
> (working correctly) or my behavior of having to do a "cardctl insert"?

	Boy, we seem to be using the wrong words in this conversation. :)

	My T42p works with SuSE 9.1.  When I put in a compact flash card
it beeps and creates /dev/hde(1) for the card.  Again, all I have to test
with is the CF card adapter, but that one is good.  It's a 14" T42p model,
for what it's worth, though I kind of assume they wouldn't use different
PCMCIA slots in the 15".

Aaron