[ltp] BIOS update T4x/R5x

Hamie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:57:33 +0100

Frederik Wagner wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just checked the IBM page: There is a new Bios and Embedded Controller Update for the T4x and R5x series. Since I was in contact with someone of the IBM support and he told me that they are probably working on a bios update to take care of this annoying fan problem, I hope this solves the problem... (but I don't really expect it :-(  )
>I don't have my TP currently available but I'm looking forward to try it out...

So was I. But all I can say is effing stupid bag of shite!

I keep frigging windoze around for one bloody reason. Updating my
firmware, because I have an r50p with no floppy. So when I donload an
update, I expect the damn thing to work.

 AAARRRGGGH!!!!

Stupid bloody thing just starts shutting down windoze, beeps once & sits
there forever on the "Shutting Down Windows"

Anyone know why this could be? Or should I just give up on updates &
save myself a few GB by deleting windoze forever.