[ltp] R40 2722

Peter Frühberger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:32:35 +0200

Philip Kiwan wrote:
|> From: Peter.Fruehberger@t-online.de (Peter Frühberger)
|> To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
|> Subject: Re: [ltp] R40 2722
|> Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 03:18:55 +0200
|>
| Philip Kiwan wrote:
| | Hello everyone,
| | I wanted to ask if anyone here ever tried any linux distro on the R40
| | 2722-anytype.
| | if you did can you tell me how was the experience, and what was the
| type
| | of the laptop ? (mine is 2722-f6u) ..
| |
| | Greets,
| | Philip
| |
| | _________________________________________________________________
| | Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.
| | http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail
| |
| Debian sid running her fine, acpi suspend to disk with swsusp2 working
| fine. runtime of about 4.5h.
| I have everything working here (radeon, modem with alsa, infrared, airo
| etc.) I am just waiting for suspend to Ram to be working...
|
| If you want my config files or a fully compiled deb kernel 2.6.7 image
| with (airo bk, acpi bug fix) together with the thinkpad modules, just
| mail me...
|
| I ll have a bit of sleep
|
| ciao
| Peter
|
| --
| Key-ID: 0x1A995A9B
| Fingerprint: 4606 DA19 EC2E 9A0B 0157  C81B DA07 CF63 1A99 5A9B
| 21:19:12 [D---] Annie:
| Frauen gibts viele, glaub ich.
| (Stephanie W.)
- --

| Hey,
| well i was thinking of installing slackware 10 on it...
| hmmm did you have trouble getting the hardware to work by itself or you
| had to configure stuff yourself?
| btw isnt the modem in your 2722 and Agere` Lucent? i hear this is a
| winmodem ...

| greets
| Philip

I have a 2722-B3G here, with airo mpi 350 wireless lan card, my modem:
lspci |grep Modem
0000:00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M)
AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 01)

works with the alsa snd_intel8x0m module and a smartlink driver compiled
with alsa support.

I dont know a lot about slackware, but i think it uses apm for default?
together with apm you can get suspend to ram etc. working, but your
runtime is not so long, i think 3.3 hours it was, when I remember correctly.

Just give Slackware I try, perhaps very much is working out of the box.
Perhaps you can try Suse 9.1, they say that 2722 series is fully working
~      together with apm. (acpi =off), could be an installation without
any trouble and a fully working system. It depends if you like the suse
concepts (yast2 etc.) or not *g*.
with debian i had to do nearly everything myself (building kernel,
patching kernel, dri, irda, etc.)

here a link:

http://www.suse.de/de/business/certifications/certified_hardware/ibm/index.html

greets