[ltp] cpufreq error

Miguel Hermanns linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:27:27 -0700

>On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Tim Prince wrote:
>

>>Do you have your BIOS set to stay on minimum clock speed, or to start at
>>minimum clock speed?  Are you implying that you set it some way that it
>>should never see minimum speed?
>>

>I did not do anything with my bios, When I changes back to kernel265 it
>works.

I have the same problem. I'm running 2.6.6 (debian) on a T41 and I'm
unable to control the frequency using cpufreq in /sys (the new 2.6.7
does also not solve the issue for me :-( ). I found that I can modify
the frequency through /proc/acpi/processor/CPU/throttling, but that is
not what I want, since I want to use powernowd. BTW, I use ACPI.
Somebody answered a couple of weeks ago to my issue and the only obvious
difference between our systems was that he was using APM and I ACPI.

Miguel