[ltp] cpufreq error

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:36:48 -0500

Miguel Hermanns <hermanns@tupi.dmt.upm.es> writes:

> I have the same problem. I'm running 2.6.6 (debian) on a T41 and I'm
> unable to control the frequency using cpufreq in /sys (the new 2.6.7
> does also not solve the issue for me :-( ). I found that I can modify
> the frequency through /proc/acpi/processor/CPU/throttling, but that is
> not what I want, since I want to use powernowd. BTW, I use
> ACPI. Somebody answered a couple of weeks ago to my issue and the only
> obvious difference between our systems was that he was using APM and I
> ACPI.

If it helps, I had some trobule with frequency control on my t41p
until I built a kernel that only had the speedstep/centrino drivers,
after someone suggested that might be the problem.  Since then, I've
been using ACPI and powernowd without incident.

In case it's relevant, I've also disabled local apic in my kernel
(CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC).

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu