[ltp] 770z sound (FC2 ALSA)

Mendel Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:32:06 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 31 May 2004, Jim Harvey wrote:

> > Well, I checked the .configure file in the FC2 kernel sources
> > (/usr/src/etc.), and the default setting of isapnp is
> >     CONFIG_ISAPNP=y
> >
> > Lo and behold! Looks like I should try recompiling the kernel with this
> > setting on "n" . . .
>
> Have you had any luck? I just intalled FC2 on my 770Z and same problem.

Haven't had the chance to try a kernel build yet. I'll probably do it
later this week and report on results.

BTW, FC2 has other issues, too. USB support is maybe just a bit flaky,
because sometimes when I plug in a USB flashdrive, the system hangs for
a second or two and once it crased the X server.