[ltp] RE: TP600e No Suound after upgrade to SUSE 9.1 Pro

Asheesh Laroia linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 23:48:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Bruce Hutfless wrote:

[snip]

> Kaffine works, but in the release of SUSE Pro KsCD does not.  Reads cd data
> acts like it playing cd only no sound. So, either KsCD doesn't digitize CD
> sound (i.e., no analog sound cable between CD drive and sound card.)
>
> KsCD worked in 9.0 of SuSE Pro so, I'm still digging into to that.

Make sure you've checked your mixer settings.  Use alsamixer to find out.
Make sure the CD channel isn't muted.  (And notice that even if the volume
is set to 100, it can be muted; there's a separate mute toggle.)  Basic
stuff, but it's the kind of thing I'd miss. :)

If it worked before, it's likely to be analog sound that's muted.

-- Asheesh.

--
SHIFT TO THE LEFT!
SHIFT TO THE RIGHT!