[ltp] R40 and ACPI with Suspend/Resume

Guenther Rackl linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 03 Jun 2004 11:01:39 +0200

Hello,

I made an attempt to build Kernel 2.6.6-mm5 with ACPI support on my R40.

The following questions arise:

- Suspend to RAM (echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep) makes the machine sleep but
never wake up again.  How can I get my R40 to run again after
suspending?

- Does anybody have experience with software suspend (swsusp) and the
R40?  Does it work?  My latest test with Kernel 2.6.4 was not succesful

- Do I have to correct the DSDT table for the R40?  If yes, where can I
get the new table?  All I found is the original at
http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/tables/IBM/R40/

- With debian, there are no ACPI scripts for /etc/acpi functions, just
the power button;  how anybody written additional scripts, e.g. for lid
open/close and the other buttons?

- Is there anything else I need to know for ACPI with the R40 and
working Suspend/Resume functions?

Regards
Günther