[ltp] modified Makefile for ltmodem-2.6-alk-4 on Fedora Core 2

Joe Christy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:24:30 -0700

Judging from the chatter on linux-thinkpad, fedora-devel, and
discuss@linmodems.org, I may not be the only one for whom the following
Makefile modifications (to enable painlessly building and installing
ltmodem on Fedora Core 2 w/o rebuilding the entire kernel) are not
completely obvious, so I thought I'd share them.

With the Makefile below, to install the ltmodem-2.6-alk stuff onto
Fedora Core 2, one need only:
1) follow the first two steps in the README within ltmodem-2.6-alk-4/
2) type make && make install within ltmodem-2.6-alk-4/
3) add the three aliases to your modprobe.conf

No need to install the kernel-sourcecode RPM (or even know that it's no
longer called kernel-source), no editing the Makefile for each new
kernel, no copying the .ko files, and no wondering where the -a flag to
modprobe disappeared.

Your mileage may vary,

	Joe

# makefile for ltmodem for 2.6 kernels
##
## Modified for FC2
## to be used with tarball from
## http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/
## Joe Christy
## 2004-06-15
#

MODULE_NAME := ltmodem

ltmodem-objs := lt_modem.o ltmdmobj.o

ltserial-objs := serial.o

obj-m += ltmodem.o ltserial.o

EXTRA_CFLAGS += -Wall

EXTRA_LDFLAGS := -d

default:
	make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build SUBDIRS=`pwd` modules

$(obj)/ltmdmobj.o:
	cp $(src)/ltmdmobj.o $(obj)/ltmdmobj.o

clean:
	rm -f lt_modem.o ltmodem.o ltserial.ko serial.o ltserial.o
ltserial.mod.* ltmodem.mod.o ltmodem.ko ltmodem.mod.c

install:
	make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build SUBDIRS=`pwd` modules_install
	depmod  -eF /boot/System.map