[ltp] Intend to set up wireless, which driver?

Brian Nelson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:27:06 -0700

Luke Yelavich <themuso@themuso.com> writes:

> Hi all
> I have a ThinkPad R50, and intend to set up wireless support under
> Linux. I know about the open source Intel Pro 2100 driver, but I think
> that not all features have been implemented and there are still issues.
>
> So should I still use the open source driver, or would NDISWrapper be a
> better option?

The ipw2100 driver is better in my experience.  The ndiswrapper driver I
was using (1-2 months old) did not report signal strength, noise,
etc. which was kind of annoying (though it did work OK).

--
You win again, gravity!