[ltp] Random T41 hangs

Dmitriy Morozov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:49:19 -0400

On Sunday 27 June 2004 08:57 pm, Chris Brotherton wrote:
> I am beginning to suspect APM too.  I didn't have the crashes with
> ACPI, but like you I didn't run it very long.
>
> Have you tried APM compiled as a module?  I have only
> tried compiled in.

No, I've only tried it compiled in, but I can't imagine it affecting
anything (though you never know). Also, this was happening for me
with kernel 2.4 (just to comment on another message). What I'm
curious is to try another distribution with its own kernel settings,
but don't have the harddrive space now (I also run Gentoo, so maybe
some standard kernel configuration that another distribution uses
would be better). Anyway, as I said I'm very curious to know if you
find anything out.

Best,
Dmitriy