[ltp] Mandrake 9.1 MySQL Setup

SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:57:39 -0400

Hi All
As usual truing to set up a new program I am lost in that I do not know what
the program is suppose to do so I do not know if it is doing what it is
suppose to but from the response I highly suspect that something strange is
happening.

The program is MySQL.

I created a data base called frtestdb in the GUI version of MySglCC.
I then tried to access it with the following results:
Error 1045 Access denied for user trunk@localhost (using password: YES)

The data base was created by using MySqlCC Console Manager by File -> New:
NAME:  frtestdb
HOST NAME: localhost
USER NAME: trunk [This is also the user name of the GUI user I am using]
PASSWORD: password

Ok that did not work so I went off to the command line.
I started mysgl in the directory containing the frtestdb file.
Then I issued the command:
connect frtestdb

And I received the following:
Error 1044: Access denied for user @localhost

Ok so then I tried to open the file in Mozilla which then placed the following
information on the screen:
Blocking Queries	=	false
Completion	=	true
Compress	=	true
Created	=	2004-06-27 16:05:29
Databases	=
Field Enclosed	=	'
Field Separate	=	,
Host	=	localhost
Line Terminate	=	\r\n
Modified	=	2004-06-27 16:05:29
One Connection	=	false
Port	=	3306
Prompt Password	=	true
Replace Empty	=
Retrieve Method	=	true
SSL	=	false
Show All Databases	=	true
Socket	=	/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
Timeout	=	30
Use Specific Databases	=	false
User	=	trunk

I would appreciate help in identifying what is incorrect and how to resolve
the issue.

Thanks
Frank