[ltp] alsa sound on T40

Roman Joost linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:11:57 +0100

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 07:12:27PM +1100, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> At 06:49 PM 2/03/2004, Roman Joost wrote:
> >Maybe I missed something to pass parameters to the alsa module (intel
> >8X0, afaik). I don't use arts daemon or something else. I looked at the
> >alsa-project page but can't find anything related.
> >
> >Does someone know a solution for this problem?
>=20
> Search through the ALSA documentation, and the ALSA Wiki for the dmix=20
> plugin. This should do what you want. You will have to write a .asoundrc =
or=20
> place create an /etc/asound.conf file, which does the same thing.
>=20
> Luke=20
Well, thanks for this advice, but i tried to configure my soundcard
correctly after the example on the alsa project page. Unfortunately,
this won't work and thats why i'm asking. Is there anything what i can
do to figure out, what i missed or did wrong?

This is what i wrote into my ~/.asoundrc:

  pcm.intel8x0 {
    type hw
    card 0
  }

  ctl.intel8x0 {
    type hw
    card 0
  }

Maybe someone has configured it well and can post his config file?

Thanks!
--=20
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de