[ltp] Help! Strange problems after adding 1GB memory

Carl Klitscher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:55:16 +1300

Unfortunately not. We had to give the memory back before we got to have a
decent hack at it added to which in our environment with all the onboard
stuff on the machines there is almost no need for pcmcia stuff. Best we
could come up was was the interaction between the memory size and pcmcia
support. I've kept an eye out for possible fixes but not seen anything
concrete. We initially thought it was the dma problem some kernels had with
t40 type machines but proved not to be. I've only got 768Mb in mine so I'm
well under the magic number...

Carl

Carl --

You are right, this fixed the problem.  Except for some Eclipse
wierdness (which i'm not sure i can blame on the new memory) everything
seems to work now.

Do you have any idea what could cause this?

cheers,
-steve