[ltp] TP R31 Battery ACPI + 2.6.3

Lars Burgess linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:13:10 -0800

I couldn't find info on this in some of the recent threads so I
apologize if this is a dupe. I'm running Gentoo on a R31 and it's been
performing wonderfully for the past year or so. However, when I upgraded
to the 2.6.3 kernel and used gkrellm/gnome-battstat type software, I got
that nasty trackpoint-mouse jumping all over the place bug that I used
to get when I had an APM-only system. The problem is that I'm only
running ACPI now, for the thermal features.

I would like to use some sort of battery-monitoring tools but this bug
is so annoying it renders the system useless unless I use a USB mouse
instead. So it appears the previously apm-only bug has found it's way
into ACPI systems. Does anyone else with a thinkpad also experience
this? Is there some updated driver I can patch my kernel with? I have
this problem with any DE so I'm guessing it's an issue of XFree and the
kernel driver not playing nicely. Many thanks in advance for anyone who
can help me.

-Lars
--
Lars Burgess