[ltp] Re: AC adapter too hot?

Manuel Carro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:32:25 +0100

>> I had the exact same problem: the adapter would get so hot that you couldn't
>> really hold it in your hand. Also the adapter made high-pitched chirping
>> noises when the laptop was using a lot of power (hdd activity, scrolling a
>> webpage, etc.)

    Chirping does not sound good, definitely --- it suggests to me
that some components are causing sparks inside it.  I'll call IBM
anyway, as I've just realized that the plastic cable cover is breaking
in the point where it inserts in the adapter box.  Gosh, it is only
one month old!

        MCL
Miss a couple of car payments and you'll see if someone cares if you're alive.