[ltp] DRI and USB problems with 2.6.4-mm2

Loic Minier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:00:38 +0100

Steve Krulewitz <shooz@mm.st> - Mon, Mar 22, 2004:

> CONFIG_AGP=y
> CONFIG_AGP_ATI=m
> CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=m
> CONFIG_DRM=y
> CONFIG_DRM_I830=m
> CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m
> CONFIG_FB_RADEON=m
> CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y
> It isn't quite obvious to me why the intel-agp modules works and not the
> ati-agp module, considering the T40p has an "ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
> R250 Lf [Radeon Mobility 9000 M9]".  But putting intel-agp in my
> /etc/modules seems to do the trick (the radeon module gets loaded
> because of this).  Is the R250 an intel chip?

 No, there are 2 drivers needed one for your AGP bridge, and the other
 for your AGP card. The second one you already know, it's the radeon.
 The first one is the Intel controller which enables communication with
 your AGP card, and on T40p it's Intel-based, here's a lspci:
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82855PM Processor to AGP Controller (rev 03)

> One thing I don't quite get it why intel-agp is used rather than the
> actual module name of intel_agp.

 I use (lsmod):
 intel_agp              18076  1

 Usually, modprobe searches for "-" and "_".

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>