[ltp] DRI and USB problems with 2.6.4-mm2

Steve Krulewitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:30:31 -0500

Tod Harter wrote:
>  You might want
> to try sticking with open source drivers, but I really am not sure those
> are clean on 2.6 either at this point...

I've only been using the open source drivers.  But all is working OK
now.  Here is how my kernel is configured:

CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_ATI=m
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=m
CONFIG_DRM=y
CONFIG_DRM_I830=m
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m
CONFIG_FB_RADEON=m
CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y

It isn't quite obvious to me why the intel-agp modules works and not the
ati-agp module, considering the T40p has an "ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
R250 Lf [Radeon Mobility 9000 M9]".  But putting intel-agp in my
/etc/modules seems to do the trick (the radeon module gets loaded
because of this).  Is the R250 an intel chip?

One thing I don't quite get it why intel-agp is used rather than the
actual module name of intel_agp.

As for the USB problem, it seems to be a particular thing with gphoto2
and someone has already pointed it out to the kernel list:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107964240628384&w=2

cheers,
-steve