[ltp] ATTENTION T40/41/4*p OWNERS!

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:56:16 -0500 (EST)

	I'm not really a good case, because my usage varies a lot, and I
don't really time myself on battery.  That said, I think 4-5 hours is
about right (though I ususally have wireless on).  Generally people around
me are saying "OMG you're still on battery?!?!?" by the time I finally
need to plug in.  I haven't noticed any better performance in Windows, but
I don't use Windows enough to know (except when I use it for games, in
which case the battery life seems to be bad, like 2-3 hours).

	BTW, to drift further off-topic, I just ran some Java compile &
build benchmarks with a new Dell with a P4-M 3.2GHz, and the P-M 1.6 was
not quite as fast, but darn close.  Of course, it's not really a straight
CPU comparison, but I was impressed nonetheless.

Aaron