[ltp] CD ROM Mounting

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:13:15 +0200

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 05:27:24 -0500, Carl Nygard wrote:

> I'm having troubles mounting any cd's on my T40.  This seems to have
> happened after I was fiddling with 2.6.4, so perhaps that's related.
>
> Can someone tell me what device to use to mount?  dmesg seems to
> indicate /dev/sr0, but that doesn't exist (anymore?).  I'm using
> ide-scsi.

SCSI CDROMS (as well as IDE CDROMs drived by ide-scsi) usually have
device names like /dev/scdX (where X is a number, beginning from 0) or
/dev/scsi/busX/targetY/lunZ/cd, where X, Y and Z are numbers again.
with devfsd, there should also symlinks /dev/scdX and
/dev/cdroms/cdromX. Does any device node with such a name exist?

Regards,
Tino