[ltp] Syncing various data with a desktop (configs, bookmarks and such)

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:23:48 -0600

Michael Hagemann <michael.hagemann@unibas.ch> writes:

> One project I know is Unison:
>
>   http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/
>
> Never tried it myself, though...

I noticed that a while ago too.  It seems pretty interesting.  Note
though, that it doesn't handle hard links, and I have also seen at
least one post claiming that it might not handle very large files.  As
yet, I haven't been able to confirm or deny that.

Another project that might people might find interesting is
www.fs.net.  I've used it (internally) and it seems to work well.  The
manual also has a good discussion of the security considerations.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu