[ltp] Mandrake 10.0 on TP770

Paul Barrett linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 07 May 2004 08:03:50 -0400

Has anyone else had problems getting Mandrake 10.0 to run on a TP 770?

My primary problem is that X isn't stable.  The graphical installation
works fine using the framebuffer, but when the system is rebooted, it
won't stay in graphic mode.  I briefly see a blue background, which
sometimes changes to red, and then X shut's down with this error:

Cannot write to greerter for display :0
Abnormal termination of greeter for display :0, code 127, signal 0

 -- Paul

--
Paul Barrett, PhD      Space Telescope Science Institute
Phone: 410-338-4475    ESS/Science Software Branch