[ltp] external monitor on t40

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 May 2004 18:41:21 -0400

I'll send some XF86Config files tomorrow when I get to my other machine, which
is a similar setup.

In the mean time, I suggest you check out two threads called Dual-Head
RithtOf/LeftOf (not my spelling!) and T40p, K.Weidners Multihead approach,
which appeared in Nov '03 and Jan '04, respectively on this list.

I have run mandrake 9.2 (2.4.22) and 10.0 (2.6.3) (X4.3) on both a T40
(237375U) and can toggle between internal, external and both monitors using
Fn+F7 using the default XF86Config-4 set up by Mandrake's automated X config
utility as long as I make sure to add a modeline to support the external
monitors resolution (1280x1024).

What is your external monitor and res?

Paul