[ltp] old-ish Thinkpad 310 + linux + no sound?

Atwood, Robert C linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 May 2004 20:00:41 +0100

Dear List Members
I have rehabilitated an oldish IBM thinkpad , model 310,  with a newer
hard drive and Gnu/Linux OS (based on redhat 9, compiled a kernel with
2-4-24 and swsusp) and it works fantastic for many purposes, except I
cannot get the sound device to work, I assume it is because I don't know
which sound card module in the kernel configuration should be used.=20

Does anyone either know what this should be, or know where I can find
out, or how to guess effectively :-?

(Too bad the list doesn't go back as far as the time when this model was
new.)

I do not have any original docs for this machine.=20

Thanks,
Robert