[ltp] old-ish Thinkpad 310 + linux + no sound?

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 May 2004 15:43:05 -0400

On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:00:41 +0100
"Atwood, Robert C" <r.atwood@imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear List Members
> I have rehabilitated an oldish IBM thinkpad , model 310,  with a newer
> hard drive and Gnu/Linux OS (based on redhat 9, compiled a kernel with
> 2-4-24 and swsusp) and it works fantastic for many purposes, except I
> cannot get the sound device to work, I assume it is because I don't know
> which sound card module in the kernel configuration should be used.

If you're using Red Hat 9, can the "sndconfig" utility detect the card?
If not, that model seems to have been advertised as having Soundblaster
Pro support, so you might start out trying those drivers.

"Get the utmost from Sound Blaster Pro 16-bit audio support, stereo
speakers, Zoomed Video PC Card support and MPEG-1 playback..."

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/