[ltp] Re: 2.6 kernel acpi howtos

Frank Schmitt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 May 2004 10:02:36 +0200

"Lance A. Brown" <lance@bearcircle.net> writes:

> I'm getting lots of bits and pieces of how to use ACPI to handle
> suspend-to-ram, suspend-to-disk, and power managements, but I haven't
> found a single comprehensive doc.
>
> Is there a URL out there that can assist?  I want to set up good suspend
> mechanims and figure out how to stretch my battery as far as I can.

IMO it isn't worth the hassle, as you probably will not get it to work
as well as APM, so just add to the kernel options in
/boot/grub/menu.lst acpi=off apm=on.

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough