[ltp] 2.6 kernel acpi howtos

Lance A. Brown linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 May 2004 02:55:46 -0400

Hi,

Just upgraded from Fedora Core 1 to Fedora Core 2 on my T41 (2378) and
am trying to get a grip on ACPI vs. APM.  FC1 was nice.  APM did
everything I needed and now I'm struggling to regain the funcationality.

I'm getting lots of bits and pieces of how to use ACPI to handle
suspend-to-ram, suspend-to-disk, and power managements, but I haven't
found a single comprehensive doc.

Is there a URL out there that can assist?  I want to set up good suspend
mechanims and figure out how to stretch my battery as far as I can.

--[Lance]

--
 Carolina Spirit Quest  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/