[ltp] updated airo driver for MPI350 cards

Peter Johanson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 08:32:33 -0700

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 04:52:22PM +0200, Fabrice Bellet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last week, Cisco updated their linux driver for the MPI350 cards
> (http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/aironet-utils-linux). The
> good news is that I could port some of its new features (and bug fixes)
> to the regular airo.c driver :

excellent!

>   . the driver is no longer stuck with old 5.00.01/03/08 firmwares. It
>   supports a firmware version up to 5.30.17 (please, only use ACU under
>   Windows to flash your firmware).

Just how horrible is it to attempt a firmware upgrade using ACU under
linux with the current airo driver from the 2.6 kernels? Getting access
to a laptop with a minipci slot running windows is not the easiest for
some people. Obviously it's not recommended, but what kind of
sucess/failure reports have you gotten?

Thanks again for the work.

-pete

--