[ltp] R50p Docing Problems

Frank Fiene linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 May 2004 20:31:32 +0200

On Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2004 19:55, Joshua Megerman wrote:
> I recently setup my R50p and Thinkpad Dock II to replace the docking
> station for my old laptop.  Unfortunately, the USB ports on teh dock
> didn't work, si I called IBM.  Replacing the dock didn't resolve the
> issue, though it was determined that the ports worked during POST and
> not after (USB HDD powers up when the system turns on, and powers down
> hard when POST finishes and GRUB comes up).  USB ports on the laptop
> proper work while docked, but not in the dock itself.  This occurred
> all the way up through BIOS 3.04a.

Same for me with a Thinkpad A31p.

I start the system with ACPI=off, if the notebook is docked. Then it
works.

Don't ask. I asked in acpi-devel, usb-devel und kernel mailinglist. No
answer.

Regards, Frank.
--
uniorg Solutions GmbH - Märkische Strasse 237 - 44141 Dortmund
ffiene@veka.com - Tel:0231-9497-262