[ltp] Battery went nuts...

Patrick Huber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:06:51 +0100

Hi all

I just resumed my T41p from hibernation and the battery symbol keeps blinking.
I sent it into hibernation and resumed again but still.

$ acpi -V
     Battery 1: discharging, 0%, 00:00:41 remaining
     Thermal 1: ok, 34.0 degrees C
  AC Adapter 1: off-line

I just know this: When I'm at a desk, the tp is on ac. Yesterday evening,
before I sent it to hibernation, it was on ac.

So I guess the battery just 'thinks' it's empty because it should be full and
I don't see a possibility for it to drain the complete battery during the
night while it's off. Also, I'm writing this on the tp I switched on about
20mins ago and it still keeps telling me I've got like 40sec left.

What am I supposed to do? I don't want to hook it on ac because when the
system thinks the battery is empty it's gonna charge a near-full battery
until it thinks it's full. And in the end, the battery's overgarged with
something like 60Wh (capacity is 70Wh).

Any experiences? Ideas?

TIA
Patrick