[ltp] IBM-ACPI

Psychogios Dimitris, Qualco linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 16:31:46 +0200

Hi, I just installed got a 2.6.10-rc1-mm kernel up and running and tried =
out the IBM-acpi driver (v0.7) (I have an R40 btw)...
The module fails to load complaining about missing the device. I am =
still using DEVFS but have all the proper registrations

--- SNIP ----
REGISTER ^thinkpad/.*$ PERMISSIONS root.thinkpad 0664
--- SNIP ----

however, DEVFS doesn't create any nodes... i tried ibm_acpi bothways =
(compiled in and module) with no luck, has anyone seen this before? Can =
anyone tell me how to create the devices manually?
--
Psychogios, Dimitrios K.
QUALCO Business Systems Design & Implementation