[ltp] Battery went nuts...

T. Ivarsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 05 Nov 2004 04:27:25 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Patrick Huber <linux-thinkpad@thunderchick.com>

> $ acpi -V
>      Battery 1: discharging, 0%, 00:00:41 remaining
>      Thermal 1: ok, 34.0 degrees C
>   AC Adapter 1: off-line

I may have experienced something similar with my parents' R51 - they are of=
 course not running Linux but WinXP. WinXp told me that the battery was dis=
charging even with AC plugged in. I simply took out the battery and put it =
back in... (the oldest engineering trick in the world)

After a search on thinkpads.com, I believe that there might be an issue wit=
h the Embedded Controller. Noone has provided a complete solution though...

Let me know if you solve it.

T.
--=20
http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.as=