[ltp] car and airplance adapter

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 07 Nov 2004 08:04:12 -0500

invisibleghost wrote:

> Does anyone know where i can find a airplane and car
> adapter for my ibm r50e do they make it for that laptop?

Did you check the IBM site?  If they make it, it'll be there.  Failing
that, try an aftermarket supplier.  I believe Targus sells them.
If you're only going to use it in your car, you might consider an
inverter.  They plug into the accessory outlet and convert the 12V power
to 120V AC, so you can use the regular AC adapter.  They're are
available at many auto supply stores and Radio Shack etc.

BTW, what power do airplanes provide?  Is it a different voltage?
Connector?