[ltp] Daemon for ACPI throttling states?

Jeffrey L. Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:27:44 -0600

Quoting Heiko Rosemann <heiko.rosemann@gmail.com>:
[snip]
> What I am really looking for is something that first tunes down the
> cpufreq, and if @800MHz and full throttling (T0) there is still enough
> power, then enable throttling. Dynamically.
>
> Is there anything like this? Where to start if I wanted to write
> something similar?

SuSE has powersave daemon that scales freq and throttling.  I don't
recall the details, but it is a combination/reworking of widely
available packages.  I can get 3 solid hours of work out of a T41 w/
the 6 cell battery.  No laptop-mode.  No turning down the display
brightness.  Browsing the Web, reading e-mail, and doing software
development.  So WiFi card is on, disk spinning, etc.

HTH,
  Jeffrey