[ltp] Re: How to compile the Trackpoint Driver

Wilfried Nesensohn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:43:02 -0800

> Same problem. :-(

I don't know how it worked, but it did:

Took a new fresh 2.6.9 without any patches, applied the trackpoint patch
(which applies cleanly anyway), and changed one line in
drivers/input/mouse/trackpoint.h which is as follows:

struct trackpoint_data
{
         spinlock_t spinlock; <-- was: "spinlock_t lock;"

         unsigned char firmware_id;

I don't know why it was "lock" before, since that member isn't used
anywhere in the source, and I also don't know why the patches don't
"fix" that... Somethings wrong with someones kernel tree or system...

But after this procedure the kernel compiles without any problem.

HTH