[ltp] Re: Thinkpad buttons under 2.6.9?

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:20:24 -0500

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
--=-=-=

/ Borislav Deianov <borislav@users.sourceforge.net> was heard to say:
| It sounds like you may have been using APM before and you switched to
| ACPI.

No, I was definitely using ACPI under 2.6.8.1.

| Do you have a /proc/acpi directory? Are you using ibm-acpi? Do

Yes and yes (v0.7).

| you have a /proc/acpi/ibm directory?

Yes.

| You can get control of Fn-F4 and
| Fn-F12 pretty easily with ibm-acpi. Let me know if you need any help.

I took another look. My /etc/acpi/events/suspend file was looking for
the event ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001004 (which I swear used to
work) but I noticed (with tail -f /var/log/acpid) that Fn/F4 now
generates 00000080 00000001. I've fixed that file and I expect sleep
to work again next time I try.

Looking at the /var/log/acpid file though, Fn/F12 still isn't generating
anything. In fact, most keys don't generate anything.

I see there's a 0.8 release of ibm-acpi, but I'm reluctant to do any
kernel hacking while I'm on the road :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

=2D-=20
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Our life gets as complicated as a