[ltp] Thinkpad battery exhausted in less than a year?

T. Ivarsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:56:46 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Huber" <linux-thinkpad@thunderchick.com>

>=20
> I wrote IBM yesterday with my own problem (see posting "[ltp] Battery wen=
t=20
> nuts..." for details) to tell them my story, and that I did the 3 cycles =
of=20
> discharge and charge as explained here:=20
> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=3DMIGR-509=
44

I did experience the same thing again (as explained in the "nuts"-thread), =
i.e., battery won't charge. I have a sneaky suspicion that it won't charge =
once the battery goes below a certain level (I know that my battery didn't =
charge when I went to 8%). So I have to pull out the battery and put it bac=
k in in order to charge it. Haven't messed with any BIOS or Embedded Contro=
ller updates. It's an R51.

T.

--=20
http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.as=