[ltp] xorg.conf file for T42p?

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:59:14 -0500

--=-=-=

I'm running X 6.8.1 from X.org that I built myself (on my T42p). It
runs fine at 1600x1200 and I'm very happy with it. But I had trouble
getting it to drive a projector yesterday, my guess is because the
projector wasn't prepared for 1600x1200. Reducing the resolution with
xrandr didn't seem to help.

Before I give my presentation on Friday :-), I thought I should see if
I can fix this problem. I went looking to see what was in my xconf.org
file, only to discover that I don't have one. Odd. I guess the server
is just using detected values and defaults.

Running Xorg --configure produces a file that doesn't include any
resolution information and xorgconfig asks me a bunch of questions I
don't have handy answers to while I'm on the road.

Anyone have an appropriate xorg.conf file that they'd like to share?
Preferably one that can easily be edited to switch between 1600x1200
and something like 1024x768.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--