[ltp] external monitor/res. change / Fn-F7

Stefan Krüger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:42:00 +0100

Good morning my Linux-friends

I have spend two hours now trying to set my X up, so that my Thinkpad uses
different resolutions, depending on if i work (only) with my external monitor
or (only) with the LCD. (It worked so smooth under windows, but...)

But I dont have any success. Now I ask you guys (and girls) for help. I have a
Thinkpad R40 - I am fed up with this.... can someone who has got the
video-out working on any similar model PLEASE SENDE ME HIS XF86Config-file??
I will be able to change some resolutions and set my monitor-values, but the
rest I just dont get working. Thanx a lot!!

But then the next questions...
How do you Thinkpad-people switch LCD, External or Both. Fn-F7 i guess, but
how??

Do I have to do it with tpb ??

Thank you all so much... Its my second week on Linux... My questions will get
smarted with the time, and my contributions to this ML will become more
abundant.

Greetings
Stefan