[ltp] Trouble with USB-Memory

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:07:25 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Bertrand Njipwo Kouatchet wrote:

> I have buy my one usb-memory and i can use it.The mount commando
> give following output:
>
> ThinkPad:/home/bertrand/TODO# mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda,
>        or too many mounted file systems

What does "/sbin/fdisk -l /dev/sda" return?

> FAT: invalid media value (0x01)
> VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev sda.
> FAT: invalid media value (0x01)
> VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev sda.
>

> Please can some one tell me what is wrong and how to solve the problem.

Some devices has a single partition that covers the whole device, some
don't.

AQUARIUS:  There's travel in your future when your tongue freezes to the
back of a speeding bus.  Fill the void in your pathetic life by playing
Whack-a-Mole 17 hours a day.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_