[ltp] new computer

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:36:02 -0700

Yip Wai Peng wrote:

>They wanted me to BUY it. Which I didn't. Couldn't figure out why I'm paying
>for:
>1) A H.D of less then usable avaliable capacity then advertised.

Hard drives are advertised as being so many GB which is 1,000,000,000
bytes not what us computer users call a GB.  This has been and will
continue to be an area of contention.  I used to have a formula to
convert 1,000,000 <-> MB (1,024 x 1,024 or 1,048,576 bytes).  Also, hard
drive capacities are advertised unformatted.  Formatting a hard drive
does take up space.

>2) CD that SHOULD have came with the laptop.

I agree.  Hard drives fail and users do upgrade their systems.  I
received a set of disks from IBM when I bought my A22p.  I would not buy
a system without a set of disks or I would be on the phone asking for a
set.

>Bad customer service over here in Singapore.

Not just in Singapore :-(
--

James McKenzie
jjmckenzie51@sprintpcs.com