[ltp] FC3 on TP770Z: First Impressions

M. Leo Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:44:00 -0700 (MST)

Started playing around with FC3 on my 770Z TP. . . .

The installation goes smoother.

USB detection and installation of USB devices is greatly improved.

But, on the downside:

Sound still (!) doesn't work with the default kernel. Looks like I'll
have to do a custom kernel build, just as with FC2 (grumble, grumble).

Some defaults have been changed for no reason I can figure out. For
example, the CD ROM mounts at /media/cdrom, rather than /mnt/cdrom. Why?
Of course, this can be remedied by editing /etc/fstab, but why? I guess
if'n it ain't broke, you gotta fix it anyway.

Main complaint is sound.