[ltp] Q: HD active protection sys for Linux???

Don Perley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 07:32:53 -0500

The last I knew, no.

I would add that for my typicall useage, the "airbag drive" doesn't make
much difference.
What it does is park the heads when it thinks it is being jostled too
much (like a drop).
Generally whenever I move a laptop I close the lid first,  which results
in parked heads anyway if you configure to suspend on closing.  If you
were to drop an open laptop you are as likely to lose the display or
crack the case, either of which is a more expensive repair than
replacing the hard drive.