[ltp] trackpoint not working properly

Meike Reichle linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:54:37 +0100

Hi everyone,

I registered with this list a few days ago, since I just got me a sweet
little X20 and am now in the process of installing Debian Linux
(testing) on it.
Fortunately that's quite a popular combination, so there's lots of
howtos and stuff you can turn to. But there's still some things I don't
really get along with. I am quite used to running Unix on Servers, but
when it comes to Linux and PCs/Laptops I tend to be at a loss.

What I have problems with is my mouse(es). In my XF86Config-4 I got two
entries, this one for the trackpoint:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "CorePointer"
	Option	    "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/psaux"
EndSection

and this one for my USB mouse:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse1"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
EndSection

The USB mouse works nicely, but when I plug it in after having started
the X Server, I need to restart X, which is okay but a bit annoying.
Another story is the trackpoint, it seems to be recognized but the mouse
pointer keeps jumping into the bottom left corner and also only about
one of ten clicks causes a reaction. :( Not okay and *very* annoying.

Did anyone of you have similar problems or does anyone know what might
cause this?

Best,
Meike